Saturday, January 20, 2007

Diet

I'd like to outline my diet. It is very simple. I call it "My Fist Diet". I can eat as much fruit and vegetables as I like but limit my meat and carbs like bread, pastas, rice and potatoes. The total volume of meat and carbs combines I allow is the size of one of my fists per meal, hence the name. That is 3 meals per day plus a mid morning and afternoon snack.

I'm not sure if I came up with this "fist" idea originally or if heard about on tv or something,,, I just did a quick Google search for "Fist Diet"; from the results i can see it probably wasn't my idea but I still like the concept.

I also keep a can of slimfast handy to replace the occasional evening meal. I throw a scoop of the stuff plus a banana, ~175 ml of plain yogurt, top it off with milk and occasionally a spoonful of peanut butter in a blender and make a delicious meal replacement shake. My wife and kids love them too.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I am also abstaining from alcohol. This cuts allot of calories out of my diet and helps me rest more soundly at night.

BurgerBuns

No comments: